My life

Me, in a nut shell

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Not goodbye, but see you soon...A letter to all of my readers

Isn't it funny how something once so important to us can, literally overnight, become almost obsolete? That is how I have felt about blogging and just writing in general. There was a time that I would post everyday religiously. Hell, sometimes even 2 or 3 times! But as of lately I just haven't had the desire to post. I almost feel like I have to, as opposed to wanting to. I had even considered deleting the entire blog and dropping off the face of the earth...I couldn't tell you why, it's just how I have felt.

When I began this I had wanted a theme...Sort of a fun airy blog. I never intended for it to turn into a rant journal, and I feel disappointed that it has turned into just that. Maybe I just need a short break. I dunno.

I have never been good at sticking to anything. EVER. This blog was the only thing that I had made a commitment to that I actually stuck to for as long as I have because I enjoyed it. I still enjoy it in a sense, but it doesn't give me the same satisfaction that I used to get by spewing all my crap out here.

I haven't been spending near as much time on the internet that I used to. Maybe 20 minutes every other day. It's almost as if I have been avoiding it like the black plague. I can't even figure out why.

I think maybe all I need now is a little time away. Some space if you will. I plan on still reading blogs...(though I have been a bad kid and lurking, not commenting, I'm still there) and think that some time away is necessary to get my groove back. Writing is my passion just that I am at a strange time right now. I don't know up from down and in some cases right from wrong.

I hope that you all understand and check in periodically. I am thinking perhaps after Christmas is when I intend to begin posting again. Thanks to everyone of you who have commented and shown care and concern. It really does mean a lot to me.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

XOXO-Jenelle

8 Comments:

  • At Sun Nov 27, 04:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Waaah! Where'm I gonna get my Jenelle fix? Dammit! LOL Get some rest from writing...hope you return!

     
  • At Sun Nov 27, 09:50:00 AM, Blogger suleyman said…

    I've felt that way every now and then, but I always mix it up and never get tied to just one format.

    Enjoy yer blog hiatus, especially the WoW.

    -Suley

     
  • At Mon Nov 28, 03:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Been feling that way too but got over it!

    Merry X-mas to you too! Have fun!!!

    xoxo!
    Fitèna

    PS: Hope you read the thanksgiving post. thank you again!

     
  • At Tue Nov 29, 08:19:00 AM, Blogger Lurid said…

    See, that wasn't so hard, was it? :)

     
  • At Thu Dec 01, 11:49:00 AM, Blogger cmhl said…

    hey, I will miss reading your posts-- keep in touch occasionally, ok?

     
  • At Fri Dec 02, 06:50:00 PM, Blogger Nick D said…

    I did the same thing with Myspace... Only I had that for 6-7 months. I know it shouds studpid but blowing up ones site is a diffucult change once someone has been adding to it for a long time...but sometimes change is good. Good Luck

     
  • At Tue Dec 06, 08:13:00 AM, Blogger Abreu, Jorge said…

    I definetly hear you out on this one. I've gone thru the same thing actually. Blogging is cool but it can be a bit annoying at times cuz though u get the satisfaction of others hearing u out, at the end of the day, u still have to deal with life. Kepp ya head, it'll get better.

     
  • At Fri Dec 09, 05:48:00 PM, Blogger Seren said…

    This is my first time here, I think. I'm happy to e-meet you. I've enjoyed some of your comments over on Nick D's Bloggers of the World Unite.

    I understand exactly how you feel with respect to the whole wanting to vs. having to thing. When our fun things become less fun because we feel an obligation, it's probably a good idea to sit with that feeling and see where it takes us. Chances are, you just need to take a break.

    I'm sure you'll reconnect with the Internet, your writing, and yourself very soon. Cycles come and go. Ride the wave, sister. Enjoy. You're bound to find something that will help you sort it all out for your own mind. Soon.

    Oh, and on the subject of rants I'd like to offer a word of encouragement from one stranger to another: Rants are good. There's something dreadfully wrong with the assumption in our culture that one can't focus on the negative. It's absolutely essential to dwell in our gloomy thoughts, to expect more, and to speak up when our expectations aren't met. In this way, visionaries will lead us to better days. I very much enjoy rants and often find connection in them. Perhaps I should look into some of your rants.

    Listen to your muse, whether it be a rant or a simple hello to all your fans, do what you feel. When you want. If you want.

    Good luck finding you way out of your funk, have a great holiday season and rock on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home