My life

Me, in a nut shell

Friday, September 23, 2005

Okie dokie Suley here is a top ten list for you...this is my top ten favorite 80's movies. Enjoy...


1. The Neverending Story~ 1984 directed by Wolfgang Petersen: I remember seeing it in the theater on the big screen..I was only four and it is one of my earlies memories. It is DEFINITELY the first movie I remember seeing. LOVE IT!

2. A Christmas Story~ 1983 directed by Bob Clark : Who doesn't love this movie and it's great catch phrase that even today comes up in conversation frequently? "You'll shoot your eye out!" (singsong tone) And also the singing china men "Fa~ra~ra~ra~ra~Ra~ra~ra~ra!" to the tune of Deck The Halls. CLASSIC!

3. Ferris Bueller's Day Off~ 1986 Written and directed by one of my favorite directors John Hughes : Starring Matthew Broderick...He was soooo cute!

4. Stand By Me ~1986 also (A GOOD year!) : Directed by Rob Reiner, starring River Phoenix and Corey Feldman...(and Jerry O'Connell...) There is something about boys going on a weekend trip to find a dead body that makes ME want to go camping! I just love this movie.

5. Goonies~1985: Directed by Spielberg and starring a whole bunch of cuties! This movie is soooo awesome, even by today's standards!

6. Coming To America~1988: Directed by John Landis, starring the amazing Eddie Murphy. The man is a friggin comic genius. I also love the reference to Trading Places with the appearance of Mortimer Duke and his brother Randolph from the 1983 classic.

7. Breakfast Club~1985: Directed by John Hughes starring Emelio Estevez, Molly Ringwald, Judd Nelson, Anthony Michael Hall...Love, Love, Love this movie!!!!! I have seen it more than 20 times and seem to enjoy it more each time!

8. Dirty Dancing~1987: Directed by Emiile Ardolino starring Patrick Swayze (hot hot hot in this movie!) and Jennifer Gray. Ah! The classic story of the privileged girl falling for the guy from the wrong side of the tracks...And "Nobody puts baby in the corner." (I did not understand that Penny was having an abortion until I was about 12 or so when the movie FINALLY made complete sense to me! I know, I am such a DORK!)

9. Say Anything~1989: Cameron Crowe's directing debut starring (once again!) John Cusack. A love story once again about 2 kids from different lifestyles falling in love. (I'm a sucker for love stories!)

10. Princess Bride~1987: Directed by Rob Reiner. "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Favorite lines in the movie! This hysterical love story proves that true love does not have its limits. You'll laugh your ass off if you have never seen it!

Movies that are also my fave's that didn't make my Top Ten:

Footloose~1984 Directed by Herbert Ross starring Kevin Bacon. Who doesn't love a dancing movie?

Sixteen Candles~1984 Directed by none other than John Hughes. Yet another love story peppered with humor.

Adventures In Babysitting~ 1987 Directed by Chris Columbus starring Elizabeth Shue. Madness ensues on a supposedly easy babysitting job. Fun!

Trading Places~1983 Directed by John Landis. The story of the Duke brothers who wager they can take a street thug and turn him into a wise business man and vice versa.

UHF-I am unsure about the year. This movie is just freaking hysterical. For those of you who have seen it, I salute you. If yuo have never heard of it...get your ass to the video store and see it.

2 Comments:

  • At Fri Sep 23, 10:27:00 PM, Blogger suleyman said…

    A fun list.

    You left out that one with Judge (freakin!) Reinhold and Fred Savage where they touch a magical skull and switch bodies - "Vice Versa." Didjoo know that mr. Reinhold was educated in my very own North Cakalaka?

    And I have seen UHF. Yankovic is the MAN.

    -Suley

     
  • At Sat Sep 24, 12:42:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Jenelle, what's ree ree?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home