My life

Me, in a nut shell

Monday, September 19, 2005

I feel terrible...I scared J.Star's readers away! I sent Suley a post to put up on The Melodrama Jukebox and it scared away the masses! It has sort been on my mind since it was posted...

In other news, I just found out today that my old job is crumbling to pieces. People are being layed off left and right and the business has a one way ticket to failure. Pretty much any day now will be the last tour the company ever does. I feel real sad about that. I had a special loyalty to the company, they were the underdone swimming in a pool full of sharks. For a split scene, we were on top. It seemed like finally we had gotten respect from the locals and tourists were loving what we were providing. Somewhere along the line things changed. I wish I knew what went wrong, but I remember sensing the change in the air about 1 year ago, which is the reason I finally decided to open my own business. I felt unstable and underprivileged, like most Americans, I suppose...I was so happy to finally be rid of the company and haven't given them much thought until I received an e-mail from an ex co-worker...in fact the very same woman who nick named me Jenellie Bean. She told me of the decline surrounding the company in the last week or so. Instead of feeling smug for predicting correctly, I just feel sick to the core of me.

Alot of people will be losing their jobs. We live in a very small area...not as much potential for high paying jobs. I just mourn for these people who were loyal to the owner, Bradshaw, to the very bitter end. I also feel relieved that I bailed when I did. I am well established and haven't missed a beat. I is sickening though...

I have a semi busy week coming up which is good. Maybe if I stay busy my idiodic roaming thoughts will dissappear, and i can forget what a retard I am...

I don't think I will finish the story fot J.Star's blog. Maybe I will post it here instead. At least if I scare y'all away I won't feel so bad. Over and out peeps!

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Sep 19, 06:16:00 PM, Blogger suleyman said…

    That's the way it is around here. We used to have dozens of textile mills, but now they're all closing down or getting bought up and liquidated. People are moving from jobs they had for dozens of years into lower paying jobs. It's not like they didn't see it coming, though. This has been the trend for decades. Taxes and cheap overseas labor are forcing these companies out.

    I would like to see that post if you get the inclination. And don't feel so down, it was a sunday. People don't read blogs on sunday. They sleep.

     
  • At Mon Sep 19, 11:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Doesn't this sound like something am hearing all day here?! We're having a problem with the sugar cane industiees, people are sacked. We're having problems in the textile industry. Investors are fleeing. People are out of jobs.
    I'd love to read this is-going-to-scare-people-away post! :-)
    BTW, will try to get you a link for that indian song and thanks so much J for the proposed MTV dose! :-)
    Fitèna

     
  • At Tue Sep 20, 12:59:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Jenelle...its too late, i have to work tommorrow but since I am up I got your note. I noticed you like to read...and you like the rent a negro thing...peep amazon, she's got a book called renta negro, they are saying some stuff about it. you know the only adjective i can use is interesting and that says so precisely nothing about anything, I refuse to use it...and anything else sounds like I am passing judgement.

    Not sure if this'' work, but heres the link
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1556525737/ref=ord_cart_shr/104-7128433-5825510?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

     

Post a Comment

<< Home