My life

Me, in a nut shell

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Finally, the list you have all been waiting for...

Ok, here is that music meme that Suley tagged me for. Finally had time to sit down and pound it out. Enjoy!



1. How many cds, tapes, records, eight tracks, reel-to-reels, etc. do you own?


Currently I own onder 20 CD's, and about 100 tapes (none of which I lilsten too any more). The reason for the lack of CD's is that a couple of years ago Mike drove my car and took my CD case with every album I ever loved in it, and put it on the roof of the car and drove away. It was never to be seen again...major score for some lucky SOB! So slowly I am replacing the albums that have always meant the most. Plus now that songs can be downloaded individually, I tend to pick my favorite songs instead...



2. Last musical recording you bought (itunes count, too)


The last recording I bought was actually just last night. It is Robert Plant's Pricipla Of Moments. I would have downloaded it, but for whatever stinkin reason is not available either as individual songs nor a full album download. The only plac earound here for music is Walmart for at least 60 miles. I am sure you all know how Walmart is about their music selection...Nuff said. So last night we went to Flagstaff where there is a music store. Luckily I found it! The heavens sang... (Hallelujia!)


3. Last album I listened to from beginning to end

Just this morning I felt so inclined for Robbie Robertson, Music For The Native Americans. WOW. This album always blows me away. It is a combination of old school indian chants mixed with modern beats and instruments. You still have the indian drums and flutes, so there is this authentic feel to it. Not only are there chants, but real songs. Like the sond entitled "It Is A Good Day To Die". Basically the singer is the tribe's chief and their village is being surrounded by US soldiers. His people are scared and know the purpose of the soldiers is to put them on a reservation. The chief is telling his poeple not to be scared. That it ia a good day to die. Damn. For real this album is one for the collection. Check out the lyrics for this song here.


4. Six songs that mean a lot to me.

Well, I think that I have a whole lot more than 6 songs, but I will try...

1. Van Morrison's "Into The Mystic" The vocals alone are enough to mello you out, but the lyrics just top it off to make it one of my all time favorite songs.

2. Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here". Just brings back so many memories...Pretty much the whole album Dark Side Of The Moon is amazing, but this song is just so fantastic if I could only pick one.

3. Phil Collins "In The Air Tonight"...What can I say but OOOOOOOOH WHEEE! The drum solo in it is so awesome that for years I wanted to learn to play just so I could pound it out along with the song! I always have to listen to this song at FULL BLAST and is the reason I have blown speakers on pretty much any listening device I own...

4. U2 "With Or Without You". Ok, I don't think I even need to give a reason. This song just rocks.

5. Cat Stevens "Wild World". I was truly a strange child. Most kids my age were into the pop music of the time...MC Hammer era. I was truly into the old stuff. My mom had a Cat Stevens tape that she listened to once in a while. I liked him so much that I stole her tape and listened to it EVERY day for a year. I always loved this particular song, though anything he sings is amazing.

6. Red Hot Chili Peppers "Under The Bridge" I remember the first time I heard this song was on a camping trip with my best friend . we were staying at a campground near the water where we met these boys. A bit older than us but they were HOT! I had my first real kiss that weekend. Whenever I hear this song I think of that kiss with...whatever his name was.


5. Songs or Albums I would consider my "guilty pleasure." These are the recordings you love but are afraid to admit it...

Hole: Live Through This. I know how everyone feels about Courtney Love, but she sings her guts out. I listen to this album when I am royally pissed at the world. I know she is relating to me.

Mr.Big "To Be With You" OMG I totally love this song. I just turn it down while sitting at lights cause I don't want anyone to know!

Anything by 50 Cent!

N'Sync...I just love Justin Timberlake...heeheehee

ummm, that is all I am willing to disclose at this time.



6. Who are the bloggers you are passing this on to?

Almost everyone has been tagged already with the exception of XinriX. I would like to remind Fitena that she was also tagged. I am realinterested to see your taste!

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Sep 19, 03:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Madame est servi!e Just ended up my meme! Like I said there should have been a question there about favourite singers... I just hate myself right now for those I haven't mentioned, U2, the Red Hot chilli Peppers n such..... :-( I like your taste though I don't know half of them artists you're talking about! :-)

     
  • At Mon Sep 19, 07:56:00 AM, Blogger cmhl said…

    (((I like n'sync too)))

     
  • At Mon Sep 19, 05:46:00 PM, Blogger suleyman said…

    A friend of mine had her entire CD collection stolen out of her car along with her CD player. She's had to gradually rebuild it over the years.

    "into the mystic" is one of the best songs ever, but I couldn't possibly put every song I love on my list. I've been listening to Van since I was probably ten years old.

    "With or Without You" is, obviously, great.

    "Under the Bridge" scares me it's so good. Flea can seriously play some bass.

    Do you know what "In The Air Tonight" is about? Just look into it, you might be surprised.

    Mr. Big. Oh, dear. I won't condone listening to Mr. Big. I'm not even sure what genre Mr. Big falls into. It isn't metal and it isn't soft rock. It's just...yeah.

    -Suley

     

Post a Comment

<< Home