My life

Me, in a nut shell

Saturday, September 24, 2005

The bottom has begun to fall out from under my feet

I am finding out that he has been lying to me about numerous things, one of them being about money. He was always so big on trust. Insisted that we always be truthful about every stupid little thing. Swore he was always being truthful. I allowed him to handle the money since day 1. I hand over my paychecks and he disperses it as needed for the bills and such. I have never questioned him. I am finding out that he has taken advantage of the fact that I have always trusted him. He has been hiding money, and not just a little bit either. He told me yesterday that he has a secret stash of $28,000, and asked me if I wanted to get out now...The very next second he claimed he was "just kidding" and that he was trying to upset me. The thing is, that he couldn't keep from smiling, a dead giveaway that he was lying to me. He's going to send me out with a mere 10g's and have close to 30 plus in his pocket? I am more angry and hurt than I have ever been in my life. I don't know what to do at this point. Here I was just sitting here blind thinking we had no cash money and yet he's got a significant sum. How could I be so naive?

This is only confirming my decision to run as fast as I can. What a fool I am. Seriously, I just couldn't get any dumber. You know, people always told me he would do that...Hide money. I never believed it though because he was "Mr. Honesty" I had so much faith in him. The huge problem is that I have no way to prove he has this money and therefore I can't get my share of it. I am positive he has it in cash. He's also Mr. Cash. Only likes to use cash. Our bank account never has more than 2 grand in it at a time. It finally hit me just a few minutes ago, and the tears flowed. I am more angry at me for allowing him to have control of everything. Look where I am now. Hopefully lesson learned huh?

6 Comments:

  • At Sun Sep 25, 01:00:00 PM, Blogger Tay Hota said…

    You couldn't get any dumber? Stay... There's one way... I know for a fact you'll regret it.. our stories seem so similar.. I am a runner as well, our personalities seem very similar... It's always so muich easier to give advice than to do what needs to be done in our own lives, you know? I'm so guilty of that... (how bout a private eye? think they could track down that cash stash?)

     
  • At Mon Sep 26, 06:47:00 AM, Blogger Lurid said…

    Grrl, you are so better off without him. I'm glad you're finally getting out of there, and I think it's very normal to feel the fears you're feeling, but I also think that you'll do just fine. I don't think you'll fall on your ass. And if you do, you're really tough, and you'll bounce back! How is that hand, by the way?

    J

     
  • At Mon Sep 26, 05:27:00 PM, Blogger cmhl said…

    oh man, that makes me feel guilty, because I am the cash stasher in my relationship.... my "getaway fund", as I fondly call it..

    my suggestion?? find out WHERE the money is, there has to be a trail. track it down. look through all the bills and receipts. take a day off and scour the house. you can figure it out, you are a smart girl. Then, track it, make copies, and give it all to your attorney.

    he is an idiot for admitting that to you. wow.

     
  • At Mon Sep 26, 11:31:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Mon Sep 26, 11:52:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am leaving a comment because I am reading this Jenelle. I am reading it and I am sorry. Be glad you are young, you really do have so much life in front of you, for whatever small consolation that is, and shortly, you will have that life all to yourself, but I think the next year might be the hardest of your life.

    People I know who have gotten divorced have taken the things that they use as coping mechanisms (for you it might be running, your grooming business) and used that interest to really take their mind off the struggle that was going on otherwise in their lives...for example, my stepdad built a car, another person I know threw themselves into their schooling...just finding some thing, one thing that would be really good for you to get through this time. I don't know if you would even consider this applicable to you, but its out there...

     
  • At Tue Sep 27, 02:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See Jenelle, and you wre calling yourself an "odious user" just a while ago.... Belive me, you're better off without him and better figuring him out after 3 (wasted) years instead of longer.... Imagine how that would have made you feel worse...
    Like you said, maybe you should have been more attentive to all the warning signals but then, you did... but don't be too harsh on yourself... What doestnt kill you makes you stronger and am sure this one experience will! And you shall be too wise next time to be deceived like this....Bon courage and wish I lived closer....
    Fitèna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home